Friday, June 19, 2009

Put a fork in me. I need your help.

I am done. The wedding is over*, the marriage license was signed, toasts were made, the cake has been cut, but the Peeps still have a party to plan.

As I said before, Mama and Papa Peep are throwing a home town reception for all of our Southern California loved ones. Up until now, Mama Peep has been graciously planning this shin dig, but during a bout of post wedding energy, I asked Mama Peep what I could do to help.

My task: inspiration pictures for the centerpieces to provide the florist. It sounded fun and exciting on the phone, but now, now I am totally uninspired.

So hive, I need you to point me in the right direction. Help me give Mama Peep some super fabulous Post-Wedding Reception Centerpiece Inspiration.

Here's what we got so far: A causal, beach side family and friends reception.

The Invitations:

The Room: Looks out over the ocean, a light house and palm trees. It is mostly navy with some gray. The linens will either be light blue or navy. There will be eight tables for guest to causally graze on the buffet throughout the party. And unfortunately, we can't use candles, bummer. I love the look of sand and candles together.

What I do love is navy with limes, lemons or oranges. And anything that exudes beach casual.

Anyone have an inspiration picture out there for me?? Also, simpler is better. This is a very budget friendly affair, and while I'd love a huge centerpiece with a million tropical orchids, we are going for cheap-chic.

A million thank yous for your help!!!

*I promise we are married and that sometime this century I will provide pictures.

No comments: