Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Love by the Bay: The Ceremony

Last I left you, I think we were here:

Please forgive me- to this day, thinking about our Ceremony makes me feel like a sappy fool in love.

But when it feels this perfect and natural to stand next to someone, it makes you start to wonder if he wasn't chosen for you long before.

And while I tried to listen to the man in front of me talk about the importance of our Ketubah and the reason we were gathered together:

I couldn't help but think about how lucky I am to have found a Man that I love so much.

I wasn't brought back to reality until the first sip of wine, which was handed to us each individually from the Rabbi:



Mr. Peep didn't really understand what a sip was and went for a couple gulps:

Papa Peep read Corinthians:


We exchanged rings. Although, we'd forgotten that the ring was to be placed on the right hand, and then we'd individually put it on the left. Don't quote me, but I believe it's a sign that we've taken this step knowingly and willingly. Opps.

I can still feel my nervous excitement:

The Second Glass of wine was interrupted by a quick blessing from the Sun:

Followed by the Seven Blessings- with a spin. We had our loved ones write the blessings for us, based on a word or idea.

Happiness was represented through a quote from Charlie Brown:

An Apache Wedding Prayer spoke perfectly about nature:

While a good friend provided a funny quip on joy and frivolity:



Which was followed by a message on the human spirit:

Some sweet words on Peace and Faith:

And finally, a fabulous duo spoke on the importance of marriage and hoped that in 35 years we'd be asked to do a blessing on marriage too:

The seven blessings weren't only sentimental, but a joyous way to include more of our family and friends into the day.

Plus, each was a moment that I will forever hold in my heart (see, I told you was a big old sap).

Up next, bring on the waterworks as we exchange our vows.

How are you incorporating important family and friends into the ceremony?

All photos by our amazing photographer: Amanda at Blueberry Photography.

Previously on Love by the Bay:
Love by the Bay: We're Ready to Go
Love by the Bay: An Old, But New to Me, Tradition
Love by the Bay: Portraits of our Peeps
Love by the Bay: A First Look
Love by the Bay: The Ladies
Love by the Bay: It Took a Village
Love by the Bay: Details in the Midst of Chaos
Love by the Bay: Hair Stylin' and Profilin'
Love by the Bay: A Room Full of Love
Love by the Bay: Cheers to our Peeps
Love by the Bay: Peeps Guide to Running Your Own Rehearsal
Love by the Bay: Kickin' it Off

No comments: