Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A Quote in the New York Times from little old me!!

My favorite flowers of all time are dahlias. I heart them. I mean just look at how pretty they look at this wedding:

source.

One of the first things I did when we were trying to set a date was to find out when dahlia's would be available for our wedding. And not just any dahlias, organic dahlias. I knew that a very easy GREEN element would be to have local, seasonal, organic flowers.

So I started my hunt for an organic florist, and I found two contenders:

Bonny Doon Garden Company. Bonny Doon is a great farm/garden down near Santa Cruz, and I think we would have gone with them if we had gotten married in Carmel or Santa Cruz.
Unfortunately, they would not have organic dahlia's available until the end of summer and we were planning a spring wedding.

And California Organic Flowers. Mr. Spice's go to when he has flower's delivered to me at work. I highly recommend them. They hope to have organic dahlia's available the week of Memorial Day. But I was afraid once I got them, I would have no idea what to do with them.


In the mist of my searching for organic flowers, I got an email from the owner of Bonny Doon. The New York Times was doing an article on organic flowers and weddings. They wanted to interview me* to find out why I was in search of organic flowers. I was a little embarrassed since I was so new to the whole wedding planning thing, but I went with it.

So, on February 3, 2008, I was quoted in the NY Times! Probably a wedding highlight to date!

Have you found yourself in a surprising position while you have been wedding planning? Have you scheduled your wedding around a certain element?

*yes, little old me!!

No comments: