Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

Mr. Spice and I went to Southern California for another whirlwind family holiday, and all weekend all I could think of is what a difference a year makes.

I have a ton of reasons to be thankful this year, but what I am really thankful for is my family. My old family, my pending in-laws, but mostly my new family. And by new family I mean Mr. Spice and our animals.

First, let me introduce the animals:

At 22 pounds, Huck the wonder dog: part Jack Russel, part Beagle, part personality:

Up next, at an ever increasing 16 pounds, Ferris: part Maine Coon, and part spit and vinegar:



Now back to giving thanks.

You see last Thanksgiving Mr. Spice and I weren't engaged yet. While we were totally committed to each other and well on our way to being engaged, something felt off.

Thanksgiving is all about family, friends and sharing a meal- the good, the bad, and of course, the crazy. It felt like we were in limbo- not quite family, not quite not.

I am thankful this year that I now I have my own family to thank. Since becoming engaged, it feels so wonderful to know that at the end of the day I have my own family to come home to.

So, I want to thank Mr. Spice, puppy Huck, and crazy kitty Ferris for greeting me everyday with a smile, a hug and a kiss. Now I am off to get those kisses.

No comments: