Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In love... with fog?

The weather in San Francisco is unpredictable at best. 


source.

"Mark Twain once wrote - the coldest winter he ever spent was the summer in San Francisco." or at least that's what Clint Eastwood said he said in Escape from Alcatraz.

Living along the California Coast for almost my entire life (sans my time in Seattle), I am all too familiar with what is coined as 'June Gloom.' The even more unfortunate problem with June Gloom is that it is also called May Gray. And of course, we are getting married in May.

Last year, on our pre-wedding anniversary, Mr. Peep and I met at our venue for some sparkling wine and delicious cupcakes as a pre-celebration. It was gray, dark and drizzling. Ugg.

The next day, it was a clear beautiful day. And if anyone knows San Francisco- this City rocks with the weather is nice out!

That said, I feel like I need to prepare for the inevitable possibility of FOG on my wedding day. The good news is that I have recently fallen in love with a few weddings sporting the gray drizzle that I so fear. 

I first fell in love after seeing these pictures on Weddingbee Pro by Punam. Seriously, Punam- you make fog look better than a blue sky!!




This wedding has been everywhere recently, and I L-O-V-E it. I know I am biased as the first picture was taken at the Venue where we are getting married, but seriously, I love that she wore a blue dress. These pics are taken from the uber talented Joel Flory:









These pictures to me just scream San Francisco.

These next two are from a fun photographer with a cute blog. (and it looks like she works in Chicago and St. Louis too if you need a photographer). 

This one is yet another picture from a wedding hosted at our venue. Are you seeing a trend here?


Good thing I love it! So I say bring on the May Gray! I can take it.

Anyone else have extreme weather concerns for their big day?

No comments: