Thursday, February 12, 2009

Oh, Diane!!

For the last few weeks, I have spent a ridiculous amount of time looking for the perfect Rehearsal Dinner dress. I wasn't looking for that perfect white mini Rehearsal Dinner dress, but a dress that looked phenomenal- and that looked like me. I've been to all the usual suspects- Anthro, J. Crew, BCBG, Nordstroms, Macy's, and Bloomingdales- I've even been to multiple locations of each to see if they have different merchandise. And yesterday I finally found the perfect dress.

I've had issues with dresses for years. I even spent a few years skipping the dress thing all together and wearing skirts with a cute top instead. Last summer I faced my worst fear, I needed a dress for the FIVE upcoming weddings I was scheduled to attend.

I forced Mr. PT to go dress shopping with me. I tired on one dress, and he fell head over heals for it! Then I looked at the label and the price tag- it was Diane von Furstenberg and more than I had ever paid for a dress in my life. What was a girl to do?

I couldn't ignore Mr. Peep's reaction. The dress was simple and fit perfectly. I took the plunge and bought the dress. And true to my word, I wore it to all five weddings! It was a major hit. Here I am at wedding number four, cheering on the Bride and Groom:


Ever since the day I bought that dress, I have fallen in love with all things Diane. It's like a curse. I see a dress I like and it's a DVF!!

Yesterday I had the goal of going to one last shop to look for the dress. I tried on over twenty dresses- either they were frumpy or showed wayy to much cleavage. And of course the only one I loved happened to be a Diane. Oh Diane- how much do I love you. You are so simple, but you fit a women's body like no buddies business. If only I could afford you!

Then I remembered that I had a sizable Nordstrom's gift card. While I hadn't seen the dress at Nordstrom, I went in and asked the sales women if they sold it. She looked it up online- and low and behold- they had it, and they'd ship it to me for free!

So I put down my gift card and my credit card and I bought a ridiculously expensive dress. It should be here in five to seven days, and even Mr. Peep is anxious to see the dress.

It's as simple as it gets, but to me, it's worth it. Her name is Peyton; I bought her in Black; and I love her:

source.

For the first time in my life, I can say I am a proud owner of a the perfect little black dress! Anyone else agonize over finding a Rehearsal Dinner dress? Anyone else wearing a LBD the night before the wedding?

No comments: