Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Numbering the Tables

I am super excited for this post. First of all, this is only my second successful DIY project, and let me just say, I loved how it all turned out. Now that I have that out of my system, onwards to table numbering.

I took my inspiration for where else but Weddingbee. I like to think that they are a cross between Mrs. Tiramisu, Mrs. Canary and Miss Lemonade's table numbers.

Specifically, I wanted to use our engagement pictures, so I went to Michael's and bought 8 of their cheapest frames (two of which are a different style, but I ok with that).



I was really looking for some large brown number stickers, but I couldn't find any. So I did the next best thing- I bought the best number stickers I could find and a little bottle of brown paint and a small paint brush:


I then painted the numbers that I wanted to use. And thankfully the paint I bought worked perfectly. Sorry for the blurry picture, but I wanted to give you an action shot. I think this is number 2:


I then disassembled the frames and took them out back to spray paint them with some left over green spray paint. I highly suggest that if you are going to do this, spray paint the back of the frame first. It just makes it easier! Let the back completely dry and then flip it over and do it again.


Once the numbers and the frames were dry, and after I had cleaned the glass on the frames, I put the stickers on the frame and added the eight best engagement pictures. And tada, here they are, (sorry for the flash on all these pics) one through four:

And five through eight:


Here's an up close of Five:

What do you think?

Total cost: under $30 bucks. $2.99 per frame and around five dollars for the numbers and paint.

I have to toot my own horn, I love them! What DIY have you done that you are really proud of?

No comments: