Friday, December 5, 2008

Presents for moi, why thank you!!

So I have to say that Registering was on the top of my list of things I was looking forward to in wedding planning. I know, it's so selfish of me, but Mr. Spice and I have a ridiculous amount of hand me downs, and I couldn't wait to get my hands on something new- new dishes, new forks, new towels, new glasses, new everything!

The shopoholic in me was just way too excited. But the ecoholic in me knew that buying everything new would be bad. So, the first place I registered for was: Viva Terra: Eco Living with Style. Check out these recycled plates, aren't they awesome:


But much to my chagrin, the site is fairly limited, so over my birthday month* I coerced Mr. Spice to register at Williams-Sonoma and Crate and Barrel.

Williams-Sonoma was fairly easy to register at: Pots, pans, bakeware, and of course I had to have a mixer (the highlight of any good registry in my opinion). But Mr. Spice had his eye on something else, knives!! It's no secret that the Mr. is the cook in the family. And since all I have ever had are hand me downs, the world of knives was (and still is) a mystery to me. So we registered for a set of Global Knives, but we weren't done yet. Mr. Spice found a $400.00 must have knife. Yes, I said $400!!! It was so hard to argue with him because I had just registered for a $300 mixer, so it is on our registry. Ridiculous yes, but now he feels included!!**

Michel Bras Santoku, 6"


Next up, Crate and Barrel. I had perused online and thought it was a perfect place to round out our registry. Boy was I wrong. Mr. Spice and I fought the entire time about what we liked but mostly about what we didn't like!! We registered for a few things, including Organic Towels, and Bamboo Bathroom stuff, but not what I was hoping for. We still needed dishes, drinking glasses, flatware, etc. Urggg.

At this point in the day, I thought we were done with registering. All we had to do was pop over to Bloomingdales and pick up a wedding present for Mr. Spice's Sister's wedding. Again, I was wrong.

As we walked into Bloomingdales after a bite to eat for both of us to refresh, Mr. Spice eagerly said, "Now, here is where we should register!" Seriously, Mr. Spice? Once again, his champagne taste peeking through on a bud light budget.

And then as we were waiting for our gift to be wrapped, Mr. Spice and I started to actually agree on a few items. It was like a miracle moment!! So we registered at Bloomies.

See Mr. Spice trying to contain his excitement!!

We didn't register for the fancy china, crystal or silver (I knew I didn't want any of that stuff), but for everyday stuff. And honestly, not only is it about the same price as Crate and Barrel, but this stuff goes on sale all the time and Scott*** our consultant has been AMAZING!!

So without further ado, here's a sneak peak into our registry:

Items 1-3: Viva Terra
Items 4-6: Williams-Sonoma
Items 7-9: Crate and Barrel
Items 10-12: Bloomingdales

Please tell me that someone else out there struggled with there registry, ended up with some ridiculous items on it, and registered at WAY too many places!??


* Yes I get a Birthday Month, don't worry so does Mr. Spice.
**If someone buys us that knife, I don't know how I can justify keeping it, other than Mr. Spice will be the HAPPIEST man alive.
*** I highly recommend any of the consultants at the Bloomingdales in San Francisco (I can't say the same for the Bloomies in Beverly Hills)

No comments: