Monday, December 22, 2008

Tis the season to become engaged...*

Since getting engaged over a year ago, I started thinking about the next round of brides out there who are waiting for a proposal as we speak.

With the holidays approaching, there has to be a few grooms-to-be holding onto a ring waiting for the right moment. And then I found this article. It's a few years old, but it states that 26% of couples get engaged between November to December. And according to this wiki, another 10% get engaged on Valentine's Day.

Source.

And then I started thinking about the economy, and I started to wonder if the number of proposals will shrink due to the fiscal crisis. A couple of months ago I asked a vendor if the economy has started to affect them. She said no, the weddings have actually gotten bigger! I gasped. I can't imagine that the wedding industry hasn't been hit by the economy!? I know that Mr. Spice and I were officially hit last week.

So, I wanted to write this post to welcome the newly engaged couples to the hive! And I wanted to know: are there couples out there who are waiting for the economy to improve to officially become engaged?? Or have your bridal budgets been hit since becoming engaged?

*Yes, I stole the title of my post from this article.

No comments: