Monday, March 30, 2009

I feel pretty

Oh, so pretty!


There is nothing like love that makes you feel pretty. AND there is something about purchasing new makeup that makes me feel prettier. I've been holding off buying some new make-up but with the wedding less than two months away (gasp!!), I figured it was about time to splurge.

Since I try to rotate between splurge items and drug store make up- I'm going to include all of my favorite things in this post.

First up: Face lotion. I only buy face lotion with SPF, and I love this lotion by Neutrogena:

But recently I've upgraded to the anti-wrinkle stuff (18 years of Southern CA sun growing up, I need all the help I can get):


For my spluge, I wear Origins Youthtopia Eyecream:

Now that I have a base, I like to wear a light foundation. My absolute favorite splurge is Laura Mercier's Moisturizing Foundation, and of course, her concealer is the absolute best (and it lasts FOREVER):


But more likely than not, you'll find the wallet friendly Neutrogena Healthy Skin Cream Powder in my make-up bag.

Here is where I start to feel really pretty, I love love Benefit's Dandelion Blush. I've also been known to wear their Georgia Peach, Dallas, and the newest one: TEN.

When I can't quite splurge on Benefit, Almay's Powder Blush is a great back up, and their new Natural Blush has me intrigued.

When it comes to mascara, I never waiver. It's Maybelline's Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Washable Mascara:


The mini-brush makes my lashes oh so long.

As for eyeshadow, my favorite is Nars Duo Eyeshadows. You can use it both dry and wet. And I like the Alhambra Duo because I usually just wear the more nude shade during the day, but I spice up my eyes with the gold at night:


For my lips, I am all over the place. I've been attached to my little tube of Nars Sheer Captiva for so long. It looks super dark, but it can go on more like a sheer.

But I've recently become a fan of Benefit's Full-Finish Lipstick. I've almost finished off my tube of Swoonderful, so my recent purchase included their No Competition. On my lips, it's a saucy combo of pink and red:

And it feels a lot more like a gloss than a lipstick.

For everyday- I sport the Carmex cherry chapstick. While I don't go around kissing girls, I am truely addicted to it.


So there you have it, my make-up splurges and saves. What's your favorite slurge or great buy?

No comments: