Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy Aisle Decor

Months ago I saw a picture of a sash tied over the end of an aisle chair, and I thought it really added a simple touch to dress up the ceremony decor. I have never been able to find that picture again- even after over an hour of research, but I have kept the image in my head.

Here's our ceremony site set up for another wedding.


It looks kinda boring, but the aisle and my budget are too small for flowers. So I took the fabric I found at the LA garment district, and made me some homemade aisle sashes:


Here's an up close picture:


All I did was cut the fabric in strips and sewed them down the long side wrong side out. Then turned them right side out, added bit of ribbon, and voila 12 aisle sashes!! I originally sewed the ends together too, but it looked off so I just left the ends open.

Here they are waiting for the big day!


I think I want to save the $30 bucks and forego an aisle runner, but I found out that we can line the aisle with flower petals. And we will have a Chuppah at the end of the aisle.

What do you guys think? Do you think our ceremony will be decorated enough? Or do you have any other easy-peasy decorating tips??

No comments: