Friday, January 30, 2009

Here we go...

Steelers.

Here we go.

Pittsburgh's going to the Superbowl!

I just had to give a shout out to the Pittsburgh Steelers! I know that there are at least a couple Pittsburgh Steelers fan on Weddingbee.

While I have never even been to Pittsburgh, Mr. Peep and I met while watching the Steelers make their way through the Playoffs to the Superbowl against Seattle in 2006! What I didn't mention was that Mr. PT and I texted throughout the entire game- mostly bantering back and forth about the bad calls they were making against Seattle. Both of our sisters (who we were both respectively with) thought we were crazy. But I really do think that our relationship started that day over football and text messages (sounds like love, right?).


source.

Anyway, three years later, as we are about to get married, the Steelers have made it to the Superbowl once again. The best part- this year we get to watch it together.

While we may not be waving a terrible towel, we will be rooting for the Steelers on Sunday with the same folks we watched the playoff games with three years ago.

Go Troy!!


PS Mr. Peep grew up in Arizona, but I think we have to root for the Steelers for the sake of our relationship. That, and I am afraid of what the Best Man will say at our wedding if we don't!

Do you have a moment before your first date that defines your relationship?

No comments: