Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Love by the Bay: It took a Village

Last I left you, I was glowing through the chaos of our room. How could I not smile- it was my wedding day!!

It was that time of the day for me to put on THE dress:

Of course, after almost 30 years of dressing myself, I couldn't possibly do this alone.

It took a village to get me ready.

Mama Peep took on the challenge of getting me into my dress:



Didn't I say getting dressed was a challenge? Mama Peep struggled for a good 10 minutes to get the bow and my Grandmother's brooch just right on my dress:

All the while, I was struggling trying to remain calm (yo, we were still running late):

Again, the fabulous wonders of photography- I look perfectly centered and calm.

One more task for Mama Peep:

Come on Bridesmaid J, I need your help.

I felt useless not being able to put on my own shoes.

I think if I had asked Bridesmaid J in 7th Grade to put on my shoes- she would have asked if my arms were broken!? But here she is, all dressed up, helping me to look my best:

Right at that moment, I had two special guests.

SIL/Groomswomen Peep:




And Papa Peep:

For a man who doesn't stop talking, he's never looked more lost for words.

At this point, my nerves started to get the best of me. I struggled big time to do such a simple task.

Can you see the nervousness in my face?

At least it was all starting to come together.

And with one final touch from Bridesmaid Kat:

And a little lipstick.

Oh, wait, you want cheese, I can do cheese:

Finally, I was ready for my close up:

Dare I say that I was ready to go??

Up next, me and my ladies.

As always, photos by my favorite photographer: Amanda at Blueberry Photography.

Previously on Love by the Bay:
Love by the Bay: Details in the Midst of Chaos
Love by the Bay: Hair Stylin' and Profilin'
Love by the Bay: A Room Full of Love
Love by the Bay: Cheers to our Peeps
Love by the Bay: Peeps Guide to Running Your Own Rehearsal
Love by the Bay: Kickin' it Off

No comments: