Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Movin on down the Check List of Life

So it's been a few weeks since I've posted. I know I've left readers hanging on how I eventually found my bridal glow- just in time to walk down the aisle I might add. And I started Part One of the Pre-Wedding Week Frenzy Recaps. I promise everything is coming soon- including the highly anticipated Recaps (well, at least I am highly anticipating them!!)

The reason for my absence, well, we been moving. And right now I am surrounded by a lot of this:


And this:


And this:

Since Mr. Peep got a new job in March, we've been patiently (or not so patiently in my case) waiting to find the right moment to move. Not only that, but discussions circled around where to move and if right now is the right time to buy.

When you finally get married folks often assume that the next step is to buy a place, and since we are no spring chickens, a good number of our friends are already happy home owners.

I wish I could say that we bought a fabulous place that fit all of our criteria. But after some practical financial and life discussions, we've put this major life decision back on the shelf for the next few years.

I can't tell you how envious I am of Newlyweds that get to buy a place and make a perfect home right out of the gate. But I realized that I was living on the 'should do' list bandwagon. The list that says you go to college (check), find a guy (check), get married (check), buy a house ( ), have babies ( ) and live happily ever after...

While I am 100% certain that we will get their some day, our happily ever after includes renting the perfect apartment and living in our favorite City. This decision is going to allow us to remain standing on our feet and even more financially secure in the future.

The best part- we did find the perfect apartment that fit each and everyone of our requirements. And I am finally getting the chance to unpack our wedding presents. Even more importantly, I've got Mr. Peeps and our two animals, so our new apartment already feels like home.

Anyone else out there putting some major life decisions on hold? Or anyone else throwing the checklist of life out the window?

No comments: